Training of Trainers (TOT)
Training of Trainers (TOT)
Course Level: All Level
Training of Trainers program is an intervention for trainers in the vocational (VT) sector for example persons working in vocational training institutions or working places as trainers, tutors, facilitators, mentors, coaches but have no formal training qualifications. This course is intended to fill the skills gaps of such practitioners and qualify them for Full registration with BQA. It is also intended for persons who have little or no experience in training. The main aim is to engage in improving the quality of training in the vocational sector areas.
The other purpose of the TOT is to strengthen the capacity of a team of trainers by applying principles of adult learning, steps to behavior change, and a variety of training Methodologies and facilitation skills; developing learning outcome, designing lesson plans and Presentation skills; using audio-visuals; and practicing training sessions.
There is also a huge skills gap among our trainers and practitioners especially due the current changes being implemented by BQA after the enactment of BQA act no. 24 of 2013 in Parliament. Now we are in 2019 but still institutions are not able to cope with the changes of online accreditation submission and National Credit Qualification Framework (NCQF) changes. Acquiring Training of Trainers (TOT) skills will gives an institution a competitive advantage to cope with this changes of compliance and effectively align themselves theirs strategies set by them.
Upon successful completion of this course learner will be able to:
1. Establish key functions of BQA, HRDC and BEC
2. Differentiate BQA, HRDC and the Former BOTA and TEC institutes of TVET
3. Establish different BQA accreditation Mandate for Trainers and ETPs
4. Design key learning outcomes using SMART Abbreviations
5. Design SMART assessment that reflect knowledge and skill of learners.
6. Apply other different training methods during facilitation of training other than lecture
7. Prepare different training resources including PowerPoint and Ms Excel Presentations
8. Prepare effective lesson and session plans for efficient lesson delivery and management.
9. Facilitate a training session within a specific time frame
10. Evaluate a training session/ lesson documenting strengths, weaknesses and improvements
11. Prepare for outcome based assessment
12. Conduct Outcome based assessment
13. Administrate and report outcome based assessment
Click above to DOWNLOAD the BQA assessor and accreditation application Form, the form should be fully filled, signed and submitted with other attachments through your online submission account created above.